Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 6 Tips - Who's HOT & Who's NOT? [Part 1]

9:29am Sep 21 2017

Prime fantasy football assets from both Manchester City and Manchester United feature on @DannyBryan27’s HOT list for Gameweek 6

Hello and welcome to my Gameweek 6 edition of ‘Who’s Hot and Who’s Not’, offering you weekly support and advice on how to stay ahead of the pack in the world of FPL.

Gameweek 5 saw the Manchester clubs exert their early dominance, as they chalked up a whopping ten goals between them without reply, with wins over Watford and Everton respectively.

As a result, this week’s article is heavily focused on players from these two clubs, with good reason given their explosive form.



I’ll also be aiming the spotlight on some of the more popular picks among FPL bosses who may be worth avoiding this time around, in favour players from the most in-form clubs – some of which have very kind fixtures in Gameweek 6.

If we play our cards right here, we could land some very satisfying scores indeed.

So, without further ado, here are my tips for Gameweek 6 and as always, I wish all FPL players the very best of luck and may your arrows be green


Who’s HOT?

John Stones – Manchester City [£5.5m]

Embed from Getty Images

Manchester City have conceded just two goals in their opening five Premier League fixtures.

Gameweek 6 sees Crystal Palace visit the Etihad, who broke an unwanted record in Gameweek 5 – becoming the first team ever to lose their opening five top-flight fixtures without scoring a goal.

What’s more, City have won and kept a clean sheet in each of their last four meetings with Palace on home soil.

The contrast between Pep Guardiola’s City and and their Gameweek 6 opponents could hardly be greater – and you get the feeling that this will be nothing more than a damage-limitation exercise for Roy Hodgson’s beleaguered Palace.

At  £5.5m, John Stones represents a real bargain for Gameweek 6, with a third-straight clean sheet in the offing for the England defender.

Henrik Mkhitaryan – Manchester United [£8.5m]

Embed from Getty Images

Given the Manchester clubs’ early-season dominance, it seems only right that we stay in the North West for our next ‘Hot’ selection.

Like City, United are scoring goals for fun, whilst doing a pretty decent job of keeping them out at the other end – a lethal combination.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan is now tasked with being United’s chief creator in the absence of Paul Pogba, who could be out for several weeks.

The Armenian has so far managed to produce either a goal or an assist in four of the season’s first five Gameweeks – form which means he is now featuring in almost a third of FPL squads.

At £8.5m, Mkhitaryan is a cheaper option than the likes of Mohamed Salah, Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli, but trumps all of them in terms of points scored, with a very impressive 37 so far.

United travel to Southampton in Gameweek 6, who have conceded twice in each of their previous two home fixtures, so there is scope for the former Dortmund man to add to that tally.

Sergio Aguero – Manchester City [£11.6m]

Embed from Getty Images

For the first time ever, this article features two players from the same team, first in John Stones and now in Sergio Aguero – but with very good reason.

The Argentine forward helped himself to a hat-trick in Gameweek 5 as City hammered Watford at Vicarage Road, and another glut of goals could well be on the horizon for reasons outlined above, as the hapless Crystal Palace travel to the Etihad.

Ignore Aguero at your peril in Gameweek 6 – I would even go as far as to say that there has never been a better time to play your ‘Triple Captain’ option.

Selected by just over 20% of FPL bosses, I have a strong suspicion that the remaining 80% of non-Aguero owners will be absolutely kicking themselves.

>> CLICK to read PART TWO <<


BEFORE YOU DISAPPEAR:  We’ve created a NEW Fantasy Draft league which will start from Gameweek 6 – The LIVE Draft will take place at 9pm on Friday 22nd September.

Only 7 slots are remaining so, if you’d like to give this a try and join the @FFPundits Draft League for GW6, click the banner below but, be quick!

Draft Fantasy Premier League

Thank you for reading ‘Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 6 Tips – Who’s HOT & Who’s NOT? [Part 1]’ which was written by @DannyBryan27

Optimization WordPress Plugins & Solutions by W3 EDGE