Win your share of £1,000,000 in FanTeam's Euro 2020 Fantasy Football Tournament
Posted by FFPundits
2:06pm May 26 2021
First place wins a life-changing £200,000 CASH in FanTeam’s £1,000,000 Euro 2020 Fantasy Football Tournament this summer
Now that this season’s Fantasy Premier League season has come to an end, you may be asking how are you going to keep yourself occupied through the summer break? Well, we have the answer…
Our official daily fantasy sports partner, FanTeam.com, are hosting a record-breaking £1 million Euro 2020 fantasy football game to keep us all thoroughly entertained this summer.
A lot of us love a little sweep-stake with friends and colleagues on the big International tournaments, so why not spice it up your summer and play fantasy football for a chance to win £200,000.
Yes, you read that is right. There is a guaranteed first place prize and life-changing sum of £200,000 to be won – as well as £1,000,000 total GUARANTEED prize pool.
They say that if something sounds too good to be true, then it usually is. However, this means that sometimes it’s not too good to be true, and this is one of those occassions.
There’s £1,000,000 in cash up for grabs, just by playing fantasy football this summer with us, on FanTeam. And the best thing about it? It’s almost exactly like our beloved Fantasy Premier League season game, which we all love to spend so much time obsessing over.
If you’re an avid Fantasy Premier League player, like we are, you’ll fancy your chances too because the rules and scoring are all very similar to what we’re use to, with only a few subtle differences to FPL – but we’ll touch on these later in the article.
There are insane prizes to be won – first place wins £200,000 all to themselves, while finishing in the top 10 guarantees you a minimum of £5000 payout. FanTeam are paying out all the way down to 10,377th place, in cold, hard cash.
Here’s a full breakdown of the FanTeam £1,000,000 Euro 2020 game prizes on offer:
So how does it work? In this article, we will try to give you as much clear and informative information as possible – however, we’ll also include info-graphics which explain everything you need to know.
You build your squad of 15 players from the 24 countries that make up the Euro 2020 competition. Then manage them to glory! That’s the hope anyway. Let’s have a look at the key rules:
- You have an initial budget of 105 million to pick your squad of 15 players and they must include: 2 Goalkeepers, 5 Defenders, 5 Midfielders and 3 Forwards.
- You can make unlimited changes to your team until the contest starts at 20:00 GMT on the 11th of June. From gameweek 2 the deadline for changes will be 90 minutes prior to the first kick-off.
- You can make 1 change each gameweek for free and any additional changes will cost 4 points each.
- You will have a wildcard for gameweek 4 (round of 16) and this is the only time you can use your wildcard and it can not be saved for later rounds.
- You will have 3 free transfers for gameweek 5 & 6 (Quarter-finals & Semi-Finals
- No transfers are available for the final, but you are free to change the formation, bench order & captain
- You may select a maximum of 3 players from each team for early gameweeks. This increases from gameweek 5 where you may have 4 from each team and 7 players from gameweek 6.
- Player prices may rise and fall based on demand and form. Prices will change between 23:00 – 01:00 GMT. However player prices will be frozen between gameweek 3 and 4 while the wildcard option is open.
- All scoring is for 90 minutes and injury time with extra-time and penalty shootouts not included.
The scoring system is nice and easy to understand for anyone regardless of whether you are a regular fantasy player or not. If you haven’t played on Fanteam but are familiar with other fantasy games such as FPL then there are a few differences it’s worth paying attention to:
- +0.3 points for being on winning side & -0.3 points for being on the losing side
- +0.4 points for shot on target (by forward or midfielder)
- +0.6 points for shot on target (by defender)
- +1.0 points for shot on target (by goalkeeper)
- +0.5 points for each goalkeeper save
- -2 points for committing a foul directly leading to a goal (free kick) or -2 points for giving a penalty
- +1 point for midfielder or forward completing 90 minutes
- No bonus points
So as you can see, it’s essentially a Euro 2020 tournament in an FPL style but with a few small differences….and one big difference… You’re playing for a prize pool of one million pounds.
I’ll say that again. One. MILLION. POUNDS. Staggering. It’s guaranteed too. Regardless of how many players enter, the £1,000,000 will be paid out, no matter what.
So what’s the catch? Well unsurprisingly, this isn’t free. You have to pay £500 to enter. No, we’re kidding, it’s £100. OK seriously it’s £50… no?
Genuinely then, it’s just £20 – which might be the same as you would chuck in to a sweepstake with your mates or colleagues at work. But instead of playing for the £100 top prize in your sweepstake, with maybe money-back if you finish 2nd or 3rd, we’re now talking mega, mega money. Life changing money.
All for playing a fantasy game similar to FPL but in a short and sweet Euro 2020 format.
All of us here at Fantasy Football Pundits will be playing the FanTeam Euro 2020 tournament, so we’ll be running more articles over the next few weeks to help you with your Euro 2020 entries
There’s much more to FanTeam than just this competition, in fact FanTeam is the biggest site for fantasy football in Europe but all that can be for another time – for now, it’s all about Euro 2020. So what are you waiting for? Come join us in playing for a part of that £1 million on FanTeam [Link here] However, you MUST be 18 years of age or older to play.
As an added incentive for our loyal readers, if 250+ of our readers sign up before the Euro 2020 tournament 1 kicks off on June 11th, which we’re confident will happen, we’ll run a prize draw for everyone signing up using this link and give 5 of you your £20 entry fee BACK!
We’ll leave it there for now ladies and gents, as there’ll be plenty more to come in the coming days, but for now, register for your free account using the banner below or link here and check the game out for yourselves. You won’t be disappointed.