Fantasy Premier League Algorithm Picks and Tips for Gameweek 1
Posted by FFPundits
2:21pm Aug 6 2019
Starting your season with TWO premium Liverpool FC defenders should be your top priority, says FPL Review
To tell you further on how this will work, the two key concepts that drive the decision-making process:
1. The data which is built from odds and has been refined since last season and the algorithm which has been designed to maximise the full squads point potential.
2. Determining how much to invest in starters and bench players, depending on risk in the first XI.
BEFORE YOU CONTINUE… As things stand, only 2000 FPL bosses have entered FanTeam’s £250,000 cash league, yet the top 1250 are paid out… if you’ve thought about entering and haven’t yet done so, what on earth are you waiting for? Now’s the time! [click banner below for info]
Brighton in Nets
Mat Ryan, alongside his deputy, Button is the algos decision for goalkeepers to start with in Gameweek 1.
High Defensive Investment (£30.5m)
Defenders have received a lot of focus in the pre-season thanks to massive hauls from this area last season and the algo certainly sees value in this area and investing here.
Two Liverpool defenders are suggested (VVD & TAA), and City wing-back Zinchenko, who is a high upside punt for the seasons start.
Harry Maguire appeared in the algos suggestions yesterday – he has attacking potential from set-pieces and should be nailed as United’s no.1 centre back at just £5.5m.
Last but certainly not least is Everton’s Lucas Digne, who still looks good value despite his price hike.
There are a few reasons why this is the case early on and historically, teams are more likely to get clean sheets in their opening fixtures so, favourable match-ups for the above mentioned players are heavily favoured.
Raheem and Mo, the Premium Midfield Duo
Mo Salah and Raheem Sterling are stuffed into the team and the armband will be rotated between them.
Dendoncker seems incredible value at £4.5m and will be a great bench option – and potential XI filler depending on injuries/suspensions.
Sigurdsson and Perez are the mid-priced midfield options. Perez is the second gamble the team takes, but is likely to be another high-upside if it pays off.
Limit Forward Spending
Up front the algo sees limited value – especially in players below £6m, which is why it avoids that price-range.
Pukki and Deeney are both selected as reasonably priced starters that are likely to be among the goals.
Greenwood is destined to sit as 3rd sub and will have massive upside if he gets a chance, as he has over pre-season.
- Invest in defence early on – more certainty and value at this point of the season.
- Limit gambles in starting 11 – 1 or 2 slight gambles is probably the sweet spot and certainly no more than 3 and remember, the more gamble picks you have, the more you need to invest in the bench to hedge the risk.
- Plan for future Gameweek’s – this team is built from projections for GW1-GW8. Just looking at the first 3 rounds of fixtures is short sighted and a sure way to walk into unnecessary transfer hits, in our opinion.
DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS… our partners at FanTeam.com are offering a quarter of a million Euro prize pool for their season-long game, which is almost identical to FPL. Yes, that’s €250,000
There’s a cool €50,000 for first place prize and the top 1250 places are paid out! What’s even better is that only 2200 managers have entered, so you’re almost guaranteed to land in the cash places.
It’s absolutely not to be missed and we, as well as many other well known FPL accounts and websites, we’ll be playing this game also.